Tuesday, April 25, 2017

week 12: Jersey Shore

    Few things in life bring me as much joy as Jersey Shore. In class a few weeks ago when the role question asked what our guilty pleasure was, I said Jersey Shore. This was a lie because I am not even in the least bit guilty about it. I am shamelessly addicted to it actually. There is something so mesmerizing about their unapologetic partying and sloppiness. Every episode begins with a sample of DJ Pauly D's music. Next we hear Snooki yell, "I'M GOING TO JERSEY SHORE, BITCH." Followed by Mike (The Situation) saying, "Alright we gotta situation". Next we hear Ron's dolphin like chuckling, followed by Sam claiming that she is "the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet." Jenny then says, "After I have sex with a guy, I will rip their heads off." Then we see Vinny, the educated one, fist pumping in the club. In the first and second seasons Vinny is followed by Angelina, but she  was too boring and annoying so she was quickly replaced by Deena, who in the intro asks, "YOU LIKE THE BOOBS?". All of that is only in the first 24 seconds. The show only gets better from there with big fights, wild dancing, and lots of smushing. It also gave us brilliant catchphrases such as "CABS ARE HERE!" , "Its t-shirt time" , and "I'm a blast in a glass". Also its hard to deny that there is anything in this world better than Snooki and Deena as a combined entity. And on this show we are able to see Jenny come together with her now husband, Roger, after ditching a toxic relationship with Tom. Sam and Ron's drama is the main element of comedy in the show in my opinion as its over things as simple as him making fun of her big toe or her not believing he cheated on her. If anyone is ever looking to raise their self esteem or put themselves in a good mood, Jersey Shore is definitely the show I would recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment