Wednesday, April 5, 2017

week 9: skincare

    As an 18 year old girl, it is quite normal to have some skin problems. Lately, mine have been through the roof though. I feel like I have the unruly skin of a 13 year old. It all started a few weeks ago when I decided to use makeup that most definitely was too old because I am too broke to buy new makeup. (tragic)  I used this makeup for about a week until I realized I was breaking out intensely where the makeup had been applied. So, I threw it out and immediately invested in several cleansing and repairing masks. I went makeup free, and even bought jugs of water to ensure i'm getting my daily amount. But still, my acne persisted. Frustrated, I decided to say frick it and wore makeup again. Obviously that didn't help my problems at all. I bought myself some new moisturizers and face washes, but they didn't help either. I steamed, extracted, and exfoliated but still, nothing worked. Desperate for results, I decided to splurge on a facial. This was a big mistake that I feel could have been prevented had my mom known if I had any allergies. Apparently, my skin doesn't love seaweed and this only irritated it further. After hearing my month long struggle, do you understand my frustration? As I type this my skin is burning under one of the most painful face masks I've ever used just hoping to get my skin back to adequate levels of angelically smooth. I've yet to explore the realm of home remedies besides toothpaste and cactus because I feel like these are almost always duds. If you or anyone you know has any good tips or tricks to prevent scarring ( which I will no doubt have after this journey.) please comment or leave a link in the comments, because this entire experience is becoming exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment